About Daniela Lourenco
Daniela Lourenco is a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist with many years of experience working with children and adults.
For the past ten years Daniela has worked as a Counsellor in Primary Schools, with Students in Higher Education settings and for Employee Assistant Programmes (EAP).
In Private Practice Daniela works with adults, couples, children and young people and their families.
Previously, Daniela worked at The Latin American Women's Rights Service LAWRS, offering Psychotherapy to Brazilian women suffering from Gender Violence, abuse and discrimination.
She has also worked in Therapeutic Communities and in a Crisis Centre as part of her Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy training at the Arbours Association. This experience has given her strong roots to work with adults suffering from significant emotional distress.
Daniela has over eight years of experience working with adults with learning disabilities in London. She has worked for The Westminster Society in various roles, which included working as a Service Manager for Registered Care homes and Supported Housing Services.
In Brazil she ran therapeutic groups with the elderly community and with HIV+ patients.
Training & Qualifications
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training-Arbours Association (6 years training)
- MA in Psychoanalytic Studies-The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust (3 years training)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology-Brazil (5 years training)
- General Certificate in Online Therapy-Specialising in Children & Young People-Academy for Online Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Moving your Practice Online-Online Therapy Institute (OTI)
- How to do Counselling Online-Open University (OU)
- Using Creative Arts Online-Onlinevents
- Introduction to Working Online with Children & Young People-Onlinevents
- Introduction to Working Online with Couples-Onlinevents
Working with Children and Young People
- CATT Level 2-Children's Accelerated Trauma Treatment
- Why Attachment Matters
- The Ghosts in the Nursery. Grief in Maternity
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Play Therapy: Helping children to tell their stories through play
- Attachment and Loss
- Working with Sand-Tray and Puppets
- Making Endings with Children
Working with Couples and Relationships
- Intensive Course in Emotionally Focused Therapy: Attachment-based interventions for couples in crisis
- Introduction to Imago Relationship Therapy
- Systemic Couple and Family Counselling
- Adult Love and Loving Bonds-Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with Couples-WPF
- Relationship Roadblocks - Stuff Happens-WPF Therapy
Working with the Body
- Certificate in Integrative Embodied Psychotherapy-Institute of Embodied Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Dance Movement Psychotherapy-University of Roehampton
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm-Carolyn Spring Training
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation-PODS Training
- Rewind Training-IARTT International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy
- Embodiment and the Talking Cure
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- DBT Accreditation Level 2-APT Training
- GDPR-General Data Protection Regulation Training
- Resolving Clinical Dilemmas in Therapy
- Psychoanalysis and Politics
- UK/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders (UKESAD)
- Gender Violence Awareness
- Risk Assessment and Assessment on Gender Violence
- Human Trafficking
Daniela Lourenco is a member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy UKCP and a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP.
She is a member of the Arbours Association AAP and is bound by their Code of Ethics and Practice.
Daniela holds a full professional indemnity insurance and a clear DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate).
Daniela is a BUPA, AVIVA and AXA recognised therapist and can provide counselling and psychotherapy to their members.
COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY
TWICKENHAM * CROUCH END * ONLINE